Two country stars are featured on Forbes’ 2019 list of the Top 100 World’s Highest-Paid Celebrities.
- No. 78: Luke Bryan, $42.5 million
- No. 95: Zac Brown Band, $38.5 million
With that kind of earning power, don’t let your parents talk you out of pursuing your country music dreams—or any kind of music for that matter. Taylor Swift topped the list with $185 million, while Kanye West (#3, $150 million), Ed Sheeran (#5, $110 million) and The Eagles (#8, $100 million) rounded out the Top 10.
Luke, the top earner in the country genre, raked in the majority of his income via his headlining What Makes You Country Tour—which routinely grossed seven figures nighty—as well as his role as a judge on American Idol and his endorsement deal with Chevy.
ZBB netted most of its $38.5 million from its touring schedule, grossing roughly $1 million per stop.
Forbes‘ 2018 list featured three country artists:
- No. 45: Luke Bryan, $52 million
- No. 59: Garth Brooks, $45.5 million
- No. 87: Kenny Chesney, $37 million
Forbes’ 2017 list featured seven country artists.
- No. 26: Garth Brooks, $60 million
- No. 53: Kenny Chesney, $42.5 million
- No. 55: Luke Bryan, $42 million
- No. 71: Dolly Parton, $37 million
- No. 83: Toby Keith, $34.5 million
- No. 83: Florida Georgia Line, $34.5 million
- No. 98: Jason Aldean, $32.5 million
photos by Tammie Arroyo, AFF-USA.com