The guys from Old Dominon—Matthew Ramsey, Trevor Rosen, Geoff Sprung, Brad Tursi and Whit Sellers—won the ACM Award for Group of the Year for the third year in a row.
In addition, the band’s Matthew, Trevor and Brad, along with songwriter Josh Osborne, were awarded Song of the Year for “One Man Band.”
The ACM Awards aired live from Nashville on Sept. 16 with first-time host Keith Urban. The show took place at three iconic Nashville institutions: the Grand Ole Opry House, The Bluebird Cafe and Ryman Auditorium.
Song of the Year (Awarded to Songwriter/Publisher/Artist)
- “10,000 Hours” – Dan + Shay feat. Justin Bieber, written by Justin Bieber, Jason “Poo Bear” Boyd, Jessie Jo Dillon, Shay Mooney, Jordan Reynolds, Dan Smyers
- “Girl Goin’ Nowhere” – Ashley McBryde, written by Jeremy Bussey, Ashley McBryde
- “God’s Country” – Blake Shelton, written by Devin Dawson, Michael Hardy, Jordan Schmidt
- “One Man Band” – Old Dominion, written by Josh Osborne, Matthew Ramsey, Trevor Rosen, Brad Tursi WINNER
- “Some of It” – Erich Church, written by Eric Church, Clint Daniels, Jeff Hyde, Bobby Pinson
Group of the Year
- Lady A
- Little Big Town
- Old Dominion WINNER
- The Highwomen
photo by Arroyo/O’Connor, AFF-USA.com