Carrie Underwood‘s 9th studio album, Denim & Rhinestones is out now.
Carrie talks about making Denim & Rhinestones, “When we set out to make this entire project, I walked in the writing room with my co-producer David Garcia, and he’s like, ‘Well, what are we doing? What do you want to do?’ And I said, I just want to have fun. I feel like over the past couple of years, everybody’s been a little cooped up and just need some fun in their lives. You know, thinking about taking all of these songs on the road, I just wanted to think about as we were writing and as I was choosing songs, which ones would be great live. I love this album so much. It makes me happy. I hope they learn a little bit more about my musical influences and things that I like, because I feel like a lot of those just worked their way into this album. But, most of all, I just want them to feel happy, I want them to dance, I want them to sing and just have a good time with it.”
Denim & Rhinestones includes 12 tracks – 11 of which Carrie had a hand in co-writing – and she co-produced the album with David Garcia, who worked on Underwood’s Cry Pretty and My Savior albums.
Denim & Rhinestones track list;
1. “Denim & Rhinestones” (Carrie Underwood, David Garcia, Josh Kear, Hillary Lindsey)
2. “Velvet Heartbreak” (Carrie Underwood, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey)
3. “Ghost Story” (David Garcia, Josh Kear, Hillary Lindsey)
4. “Hate My Heart” (Carrie Underwood, David Garcia, Michael Hardy, Hillary Lindsey)
5. “Burn” (Carrie Underwood, David Garcia, Ashley Gorley, Hillary Lindsey)
6. “Crazy Angels” (Carrie Underwood, David Garcia, Lydia Vaughan)
7. “Faster” (Carrie Underwood, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey)
8. “Pink Champagne” (Carrie Underwood, David Garcia, Ashley Gorley, Hillary Lindsey)
9. “Wanted Woman” (Carrie Underwood, David Garcia, Josh Miller)
10. “Poor Everybody Else” (Carrie Underwood, Chris DeStefano, Josh Miller)
11. “She Don’t Know” (Carrie Underwood, David Garcia, Hillary Lindsey)
12. “Garden” (Carrie Underwood, David Garcia, Josh Miller)
The one song that Carrie didn’t have a hand in writing is her current single at country radio “Ghost Story.”
Carrie shares, “’Ghost Story’ was written for me by David Garcia, Hilary Lindsey and Josh Kear, and I feel like they just nailed it when they got together to write. I’ve worked with all those incredibly talented writers a couple of which, I’ve worked with since pretty much the very beginning. I feel like they just know me so well. The song is hauntingly beautiful, has a really wide range and amazing melody and just tells this really cool, cinematic story of how this guy is never going to be able to let go of the girl he let go of because she’s just always going to be haunting him. He’s going to see her everywhere. He’s gonna want her back but she’s moved on – sorry man. (laughs) I loved this song, I loved recording it. It’s challenging vocally, but I like that. I feel like it’s just a really awesome song and I’m glad they got together to think of me while they were writing one day.”
Carrie Underwood’s Denim & Rhinestones is available now.
Photo Courtesy of Carrie Underwood